signing off - gearbox

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: signing off - gearbox
From: derekw@zamnet.zm (Derek White)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:03:54 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi all,

I'm off to UK, Sweden and France Tuesday so am signing off for a bit.

My fellow tiger buddy in SA found me the Getrag 265 in South Africa and it
is being completely rebuilt. It is costing R4,000 ($430) including rebuild.
Hope to have it when I get back in June and will tell you all how it goes.

The body is waiting for my best welder to finish a dairy plant and my crank
is still in Zimbabwe being balanced-- will try to get it in June if things
have calmed down there.

On a slightly more cheerful note (than the political violence next door) I
asked my good Swedish lady friend to marry me and we plan to consummate our
nuptials in June 2001 in Sweden. I made the engagement ring (minus the
diamond which will be set in Sweden) and it was a lot harder than I
thought-- lots of sweat, swearing and blisters, I nearly decided to stay single.

Safe motoring... derek

Derek White
Managing Director
Zikomo Brewing Company