Re: Left Coast?

To: Mark Fridenstine <laceyf@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: Left Coast?
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:56:53 -0700
Mark Fridenstine wrote:

> California Tiger owners:
>     Keep electing those Liberals, and you'll be walking again someday.  Please
> keep them on the Left coast.
>     Mark

Mark,

I am as much dismayed as you are, but I do believe that the water and air
pollution regulations that so affected car painting costs, electro-plating,
automotive chemicals, AND engine block “boil-out” solutions are NOT unique to
the
West Coast. I think they are based upon Federal water and air quality standards,
and health / safety issues and apply across the country.

Most of the Draconian ideas on vehicle pollution regulations and testing being
heard about from California are the result of not being able to meet stringent
Federal air and water quality standards. The problem is too many vehicles, too
little major water flow, and some unique air containment basins capturing
produced emissions.

Putting stiffer regulations on diesels, SUV's  stationary power stations and
industrial sources could reduce the impact on cars, but politics is politics.
SUV's lost, as do cars against establishment and commerce. This isn't a local
phenomena.

Hope that clears up a few misconceptions.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/