Re: Bumpers to Body

To: deiland1@elp.rr.com
Subject: Re: Bumpers to Body
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:45:10 -0700
Someone commented to me that they thought I was denying that there were R&L
sides for the bumper brackets.  They then "corrected" me that there were.
Well, so there you have it, there are R&L sides (though I only thought I
was saying that I was not sure - what I was sure about was that there were
not front-specific or rear-specific brackets or bumpers).  You might try
swapping the brackets to see if that settles your bumpers to where they
belong.

I have the standard tubes/washers on the rear bumper and I have no problem
getting the trunk key in and out.  However, I do understand that some of
the Sunbeam suppliers might carry longer ones.  Maybe that will help.  I
don't know if I don't have a key problem because my bumpers are rotated
down, or other people have problems because their bumpers are rotated up.
I am not going to say mine are not too far down - but, I do suspect that
when they all left the factory, the keys fit just fine.  Any original
owners care to comment?

Jay