Re: rad

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rad
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:27:45 -0700
Chris,

Do I understand correctly that you got a Ron Davis radiator? Now wonder
you're so excited. For the time being, until things get sorted out and/or
you move to a colder climate, try using just distilled water (I'm sure you
have it on the sub.) plus water pump lubricant. This will give you a
baseline; antifreeze will never work quite as well. Once you get the
temperature problem well under control with the mechanical fan, etc,, then
try the electric fan only idea. It will work if you have the right fan(s).
I would suggest you try installing two fans placed diagonally on the
radiator; It's easier to fit and cover the whole area. You can probably
find a couple in a wrecking  - er, recycling yard.

Good luck,

Bob