Re: ignition problems

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ignition problems
From: JPKKMK@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 06:29:52 EDT
My Tiger has developed an interesting problem which has been a little
difficult to diagnose. I would appreciate any help that the list would be
able to give.
As I am driving along the car will suddenly lose power and die. If I turn the
car off and back on it will start up again. I have gotten very good at this
as it is happening about two to five time an hour on long trips. It seams to
happen more as the car is driven for longer periods of time but has happened
twice within a few minutes of starting. Most often it happens when I am
driving along at steady speed on the freeway.
The car is a stock 260 with 80k miles I put a pertronix ignition in about a
year ago (3,000 miles). It has been difficult to figure out as when I get
home to check the car things seem to be fine. It will idle in the driveway
for 15-20 minutes and not die?
Any one got any ideas before I just start swapping parts.
Patrick