RE: wakiki beach

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wakiki beach
From: "Cullen Bennett" <r51465@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:33:33 -0700
Chris,
I have a Holly 600cfm vacuum secondary and get 20-21 mpg cruising around
75-80 mph (~3000rpm). It has the standard 2.88 gears with standard
height tires. I am running a straight mechanical distributor with about
34 degrees full advance. On the same route, which covered about 100
miles, I have got as low as 6 mpg with my foot on-n-off the pedal and
lots of fun jackrabbit stuff to as good as 22 mpg with steady low
acceleration starts and keeping it under 60 mph. Squirting the pumps
makes a big difference. Bottom line (keep your foot out of it for good
mileage).
cheers,
Cullen in Tempe