Re: inquiry 050100a

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 050100a
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 09:28:39 -0700
"Wright, Larry" wrote:

> Matthew P Bouchelle wrote:
> >I thought I'd ask if anyone had a chrome strip (yes just one) for the
> >passengers side Mk 1 hard cover for the soft top?
>
>         After bombing the list every other month asking if anyone had those
> for the past 3 years, I'm about ready to have my worn, scraped and bent ones
> sent to one of those places in Hemmings that fixes damaged trim. I guess
> this is a tough part to source. Sorry...
>
> Lawrence R. Wright

Tigers,

I remember from the days when MG’s had their headlights in external metal
buckets, that a good place to go for getting dings taken out of thin metal
parts was a musical instrument repair man. If he can get the dings out of such
complex pieces as brass instruments, the car parts are not a problem, and he
would be a lot more careful than the hired labor at a electroplater. Of course,
if the parts are not stainless, some re-chrome may be necessary, but the metal
work would be perfect.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/