Re:

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:48:06 -0700
Tim,

My advice on the ‘between the tubes’ fan temperature sensor, common to
after market systems and parts available from our local Pep Boys, or
your equivalent, from Hayden, is DON’T!!!!

First, jamming something between tubes is not easy. Your own experience
proves that.

Next, there will be differential movement between the probe and the
tubes, causing those thin tube walls to wear through.

Last, you don’t need it. You know when your engine is running hot, and
the fan is only good a bumper to bumper, or slow speed. You should be
able to flip a switch manually. A Lucas switch fits (with a little
behind the dash would trimming), into the button covered Alpine ‘choke’
hole, matching the dash. If you’ve already used this, it can be hidden
behind the dash.

You still, of course, use the relay - activated by the manual switch.

Anyway, that’s my opinion and experience for you to consider.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/