Re: Rearend settings

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rearend settings
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 08:56:24 -0700
Thanks John. It was one of my concerns that whatever play was in the pinion
probably half of that was caused by wear on the inner bearing and how the
movment to correct it would effect tooth contact. My car is one of those
$5,000 Tigers and as I said I have limited funds to work on. Right now the
Ring gear will move about 30-50 thousandths and the pinion movement is very
visable as well. My goal is to just tighten things up to make them better
then their present dismal state. As it is the car is not running now and
when it is I will likely drive it no more that 1,000 - 2,000 miles a year.
The fact that it is still intact after what was probably years in its
present (sloppy) state gives me a little hope that the adjustments I
proposed won't make the situation any worst. After all what must the tooth
pattern be in its present state!!! Someday down the road I hope to find the
time tools and money to do it right, but for now I will have to "just do it"
(T.M. Nike shoes).    Thanks, Tom Witt