Re: highway

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: highway
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 22:40:52 -0700
Chris,

As long as the system is full of coolant (water?), then running at 230
shouldn't cause a problem. I assume with all you have done lately that you
have the gauge well calibrated and are confident in the 230 reading. A lot
of Tigers are known to drive around with their hoods unlatched to get
better air flow. You might try something along those lines until the new
radiator arrives. Are the fins really dense on the radiator you have now? I
was thinking maybe that would explain why you aren't getting good air flow
through it. There is an optimum fin density, which probably depends some on
the application, Tigers, as usual, probably being near one extreme or the
other. If you happen to see an old Maverick with air conditioning driving
around, find out where they park it at night. I'm sure the six-blade fan in
that car would solve your problem.

Oh yes, you can change the heads without pulling the motor, but it's not an
easy job.

Brgds,

Bob