RE: Water valve Bracket

To: "'Mark Fridenstine'" <laceyf@crosslink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Water valve Bracket
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:08:28 -0600
Hi Mark,

If you have a NOS valve, then you could use two hose clamps to attach the
valve to the Ware strut. Get a piece of 3/4" steel bar stock, about 3/32"
thick and bend it into a U shape. Radius one side of the U to fit the Ware
strut, and the other to fit the valve body. Put one hose clamp around each
leg of the U, one around the Ware strut and the other around the valve body,
and you're done. If you get the right size clamps and put the screw
adjusters underneath it might not look too bad.

I'm using a Honda valve ('81 civic) and it has a flange where a plastic
cover screws on. I made a little plate that fit the two mounting screws on
one end, and the Ware strut on the other, and then welded that onto the Ware
strut. I'll take a picture tonight if you're interested.

Regards,
Theo