Vacuum Leak

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Vacuum Leak
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:42:43 -0600
Hi Steve and Listers,

    Thought you might like a follow-up on the vacuum leak. Turns out my
suspicions about the vacuum at the heat tube were correct. There should be
no vacuum at the heat tube. I can only speculate, since there are no
physical external signs there is a vacuum leak, that there is an internal
fracture in the choke housing between the vacuum passage to the piston and
the hot air passage to the bimetal. I disconnected and removed the choke
housing assembly from the side of the carburetor and covered the vacuum
supply passage. Started the car and readjusted things back to where they
were and the engine runs perfect. Already bought a new housing to install.
Looks like that's next. It's bad when you call the Holley Tech people and
they give you wrong information about their own product. I guess they didn't
understand what I was referring too. Well, at this point I'm just happy I
decided to check everything anyway and found the problem. Hope this helps
someone else.

Dan Eiland
B382002652