Hardtops Again.

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, laifman@flash.net
Subject: Hardtops Again.
From: stuart_brennan@agilent.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:36:47 -0600
I applied a straight edge to the sills under the hardtop side windows and
found that both sides are bent right at the rear of the doorpost latch.  No,
Steve, it wasn't the latch itself that bent.  It looks like a previous owner
tried to lock the doorpost latches without the pins being aligned with their
holes.  Except that the pins don't seem to be misaligned, they are just
above their proper holes.  I wouldn't think the latches would be strong
enough to do that, so I wonder if the top didn't get dropped at some point
in it's previous life.  Didn't happen on my watch.

I scanned the various tiger books in my collection for hardtop photos, but
couldn't find any with great detail here.  Those that are there seem to show
these sills being perfectly flat end to end, and perfectly parallel to the
body.  Does this sound right?  I feel sure that if mine was in the same
photos, the bend would be visible.

Anyway, I'm planning to remove the windows and apply a little "rubber
hammer" action to the area, and maybe they will bend back.  Sound
reasonable?

Stu