Re: Jag Rearend?

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Jag Rearend?
From: Craig Wright <craig@productdesigngroup.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:24:26 -0700
Tom,

Dana 44 refers to the gear set design. The Jag rear ends were made by Salisbury
and used Dana 44 gears. They are independent suspension rear ends. I believe
that the first Jag Dana 44 axle was in the 1961 XKE, although it might have been
used in the XK-150. They continued to use that gear set exclusively until the
mid eighties. The same gear set is used in many American cars including, Ford
trucks, chevy, and Chrysler trucks as well as 65-75 Jeep C and 67-83 Jeep
Wagoneer.

If you are looking for gears, I'd buy them new as used ones have an unknown
history and will most likely make noise. The are $150-$200 per set. If you are
looking for an axle to bolt in, I can't help you, sorry.

Craig Wright