RE: inquiry 062800b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: inquiry 062800b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:06:23 -0500
        Ed Esslinger wrote:
>  Larry it only takes a compressor,a few condensers,
> evaporator , time and money to solve your problem.

        Yeah, that's a much better solution than turning off the heater. :^)
Actually, I finally got a new heater control cable, a gift from fellow
lister Larry Paulick. However, as anyone who has messed with them knows,
getting one installed is _tough_, so right know I'm still sliding the lever
to turn the heat on, and opening the hood to actuate the valve manually to
turn it _off_. (The temporary cable I have is a drug-store-quality generic
replacement choke cable, and does not respond to 'push' inputs.)  But thanks
for the reminder...

        I normally don't drive on freeways much, but Sunday I took
Interstate 95 to the show instead of back roads. Like I said, it got _hot_
in the car. But when I took the exit ramp to get off, just getting away from
the traffic dropped the temp dramatically. Nothin' like a few thousand cars
in one place to generate some heat.

        Larry Wright
        "I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"