RE: Eiland selling the car.

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Subject: RE: Eiland selling the car.
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:29:54 -0400
At 11:06 AM 6/26/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Dan, I'll have to side with Mike on this one. If you sell it, you'll be
>kicking yourself for the next decade or so.
>Find a place to store it, if you don't have room at home. Get your wife to
>take a performance driving course - she might change her mind.
>
>Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit a baby seat in the back of the
>Tiger. I suppose I could always get Sherry to sit back there, and put the
>baby seat in the front... Selling the car is absolutely not part of my
>plans.
>
>Good luck,
>Theo

        I installed a child seat in my Tiger II back in 1970.  At that time
the seats were built to face forward with a seat belt for the kid. I installed
it by drilling a couple of hole in the upper lip of the sheet metal in front
of the
rag top fold down area.  I used some sort of eye bolts from the frame of the
child seat to the two holes.  Like A dummy I had also drilled through the
padding
and the damage still exists.  The child seat bottom forward edge fit up
against the back
edge of both front seats. Once in a while my daughter's feet would hit me in
the elbow,
but most of the time she would fall sound asleep for the duration of the trip.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others