inquiry 080300a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 080300a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:11:52 -0500
        CE25593@aol.com wrote:
>Subject: Re: License Plate Location
>I noticed Smitty in San Diego fabricates a license plate
>bracket to blot behind the chrome lift handle on the
>trunck lid (boot).  This saves drilling new holes.

        Well, O.K., I _guess_ that would hold. The "lift handle" is "pot
metal" isn't it? And retained by two screws from the back tapped right into
the "pot metal" (read "stripped out"). OTOH, out in California, y'all
probably have carbon-fiber license plates by now so there wouldn't be much
load. :^)

        Paul J. Burr forwarded:
> To those of you who care about little LBC's, I ran into
>a new series of die cast cars today.  They are "Johnny
>Lightning" brand, "British Invasion" series, called "Limited
>Edition" "First Shot"   There is a '60 Austin Healey Sprite, a
>'61 MGA, a '62 E-Type, a '61 TR3A, a '63 MGB, and a '67 Alpine.
> In each box you get two cars, a gold one (why?) and a raw
>metal one (again, why?), cost was around $9.

        D'ya think JL is trying to get mileage out of the die used for the
"Dr. No" Alpine? At least, if listed as a '67, it'll be -- possibly -- the
right series, unlike when it was offered as the 007 car. I've still never
seen one of the JL cars in the flesh, the toy/hobby stores around here
_never_ stocked it and I didn't feel like paying eBay prices.
        Gee, I wonder what the "Second Shot" package will contain? Perhaps a
Plymouth Cricket, a rubber-bumper Midget and an Austin Marina!

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"