Re: [Overflow]

To: cmclendon@mindspring.com, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Overflow]
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 15 Aug 00 18:30:16 PDT
I am currently redoing the cooling system, installing a Ron Davis radiator,
etc. I am in desperate need of a stock overflow tank.

Also, does anyone suggest a specific electric pusher fan to work with my new
radiator?

Dale's Resto sells stock replacement overflow tanks for $100.

I put a Fluidyne rad in this year and it dropped my temp by 30 degrees. the
car stays under 200 in heavy traffic in 90 degree ambient.

I used a Scott's Mfg (800-554-596 I spoke to gary wilson) FR13A-3.75 pusher
fan as recommended by Laifman and Palmer, and I have only switched it on out
of curiosity. You may want to wait before spending a hundred fifty on a good
fan.

I do have a six blade fan.

Do get a Gano filter. (http://www.catsradiator.com/gano.htm) Spend $400 on a
radiator, go for another $35 for a Gano filter to keep it from clogging. I had
an acceptable copper core radiator that was marginal only on the hottest days.
had I installed a Gano 12 years ago, I probably would still be coping with it.
No regrets, however, it is a pleasant novelty to have the thermostat actually
have an impact on my cooling system other than cold start warmups.

melusky