Yuch!!!

Subject: Yuch!!!
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:13:40 -0700
Howdy Sunbeamers:
I just got back from a great drive to and from Los Angeles to Grants
Pass Oregon for Tigers United. The "new" 1966 Tiger ran great both ways,
never overheating, and feeling awesome with its "new" rear springs.

A big problem did develop, though. I've had a "slight" raw fuel smell in
the passenger compartment since I bought the car but late in the trip up
and the whole way back this fuel smell has gotten very bad. It seems
worse after turning or driving on winding roads and it seems worse on
the right (passenger side) of the car. Even standing outside the car,
you can smell fuel near the filler cap area. However, even opening the
cap and smelling in there is not as severe as that cloud of fuel smell
fumes that seems to hang over that area and inside the car.

The ends of the crossover vent hose don't seem cracked although I'm
going to change that hose tommorow night anyway. I'm also going to
change the fuel filler hose and the filler cap gaskets if that doesn't
work but since I can't see any loose fuel, I wonder what's going on. .

This came on pretty suddenly, though, and I wonder what other
experiences about this you've had. Does the fact the smell seems to get
worse on turns indicate anything?

Thanks!

Steve Sage