Re: [front Sunbeam letter template]

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [front Sunbeam letter template]
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 20 Aug 00 04:56:54 PDT
  So I need a template, unless
anyone has a better suggestion.  I also need a set of front letters and the
'B' and the 'M' of the trunk letters if anyone is alphabetically
overburdened.

Chris,

I believe that someone mentioned that Sunbeam Specialties has new letters.
Trunk and nose are the same. Somewhere, I have old letters, but they may have
broken studs and certainly need chrome. by the time they are presentable, you
are better off buying new.

As for the template, why don't you make you own? Someone with a MkI can help
you with an overall measurement. Cut some manilla paper from a file folder to
fit the space where the letters go. If you need two pieces, tape them
together, but keep the tape out of the "business" section. I would immediately
draw some lines (> < )over the seam in the paper some you can reposition it if
it comes apart after you have invested considerable effort. Tape it on the car
and mark the edges so you can put it back in the exact position. mark off a
center line for the letters, and using the overall length measurement of the
script, center it on the front of the car.

take the paper template off, and, using a piece of styrofoam as a backing,
push the letter studs through the paper to make your template.
If you need to move one slightly, just make sure you mark the holes you want
to use before you move on. I would also draw a + over the holes to help find
exact center when you begin drilling.

melusky