clutch problem finally figured out

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch problem finally figured out
From: "Tim Beloney" <65_s5v6@prontomail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:30:49 -0700
The clutch problem was a result of a faulty "banjo" fitting from McCloud,
resulting in a serious
fluid leak.  Apparently the ones I got were recalled over a year ago, just my
luck.  They
were used on a lot of the early 90's T5 gearboxes.  FYI these are clear o-rings
and the new
ones are blue.  I am told by McCloud that if you have a T5 you should go out
and at least
pump the clutch a few times every week and a half or so to keep the seals in
good condition -
if you are not driving the car.

The replacements should be here Tuesday.  After that about 20 minutes of labor
should have
her back on the road again.

It's always nice and frustrating at the same time to hear it was something
really simple (cost
$20!).

Next week I willpost newer pics of the car 100% ready to go again.  Remember,
the car is for
sale, in awesome shape, and I will obviously tell you anything you want to know
about it.

Tim

Tim Beloney
- 1965 Series 5 V6 (my 2nd wife)