RE: More Shelby Lore

To: "Chris Mottram" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More Shelby Lore
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:20:57 -0700
Several weeks ago at the Monterey Historics I spoke with one of the more
cooperative Shelby American employees at their booth.  (Probably talked nice
'cause I bought a "snake" shirt.)  We discussed cars briefly and I mentioned
to him that I have a 65 Tiger.  He said they have one (Tiger) on display in
thier showroom which apparently belongs to an 'ol freind of 'ol Shel.  It
apparently is for display only and not for sale.  Will have to check it out
next time I am in Lost Wages, which could be a couple of weeks depending on
when my rep heads out that way.

BTW, the Historics as Laguna Seca were GREAT and the Pebble Beach Concours
was good but WAY too crowded.  Interestingly enough, I have been trying to
drag my wife to these things for years.  One of her clients races historics,
so she HAD to go.  Well, to my good (or, bad, depending on how you look at
it,) fortune, she is now hooked on racing, especially historics, and now
wants to take the Bondurant Driving School so that she can Vintage Race!
Wow-wee!  Damn, I always wanted to drive myself, but now I guess I will be
the pit crew!

Regards,

AC