carpeting questions

Subject: carpeting questions
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:39:01 -0500
I'm replacing the carpeting in Tigger, and I've got the usual (for me)
problems:  no guarantee the PO knew what he was doing (and I doubt he did,
since he sold it to buy a Hummer) and no Tiger around to compare.  The new
carpet appears to be of much better quality than what I had, but the source
is unknown, since it came with the car along with lots of other spares.
Anyway, here are my problems:

1) Does the carpet go under the throttle linkage, or do I have to cut the
carpeting to go around it where it attaches to the floor?

2) I have a piece of carpeting that doesn't look anything like what I took
out of the car.  It is about 3' long and 1' wide and is shaped sort of like
this:
____________________________________

 |                                        ___

 |                                    /          ----___                   |
 |                                   /                        |

 |_______________ |                         |_______ |

The cutout on the bottom (as I've drawn it) is bound and there is an inch
wide piece of trim across the top.  Both ends and the rest of the bottom are
unfinished.  Any ideas?

3) There is a little piece of carpet that fits across the bulge in the drive
shaft tunnel right behind the gear shift.  What does the carpet underneath
this piece look like?  The old piece looks like it was hacked out of an old
scrap and glued in place.

I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get on any of these questions.
Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 (currently gutted as my wife describes it)