Hello ... restoration is now officially (slowly) underway

To: tiger list tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello ... restoration is now officially (slowly) underway
From: Gene <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:46:50 -0700 (PDT)
Gentlemen and Gentlewomen

I purchased a 1965 Tiger (B9472068) last November.  I
was told the car probably was born about December
1964.

I put the Tiger in storage after bringing it to Iowa
from the East Coast.  I had to get a couple projects
further along before undertaking the Tiger
restoration.

I doubt that I will ever get the Tiger to California
for authentication so I have decided to document the
vehicle and its restoration process in a photo album.
 I will be providing the photo album site at the end
of this message.  I invite your comments.  I will be
updating the site with more photos from time to time.
There are 36 initial photos.

The Tiger has been in pieces for 20+ years.  I have
about 85% of the original pieces with the car.  Some
of the tough to replace pieces are missing, such as
the breather, fan shroud, exhaust manifolds, rear view
mirror, and pan hard bar.   A lot of the chrome is
pitted or damaged and will need to be replaced or
re-chromed.

I will be removing the front and rear suspension in
the near future.  I need to locate the numbers on the
Salisbury rear end.  Can anyone tell me where to look
for this set of numbers?

After suspension removal, the car will be ready to
take to RediStrip to be dipped.  I plan on having the
paint and undercoating remove that way.  Also, I will
have the rust removed.  There is a lot of surface rust
on the left side of the car, especially the rear
quarter. There is major rust through under the driver
seat area and hump/floor pans in general as the
vehicle sat outside all those years.

The last coat of paint on the Tiger is white latex ...
yes, latex.  An damn if they didn't buff it out!  (My
poor attempt at humor).

I would like to build a rotisserie to help facilitate
the rust repair.  I know there has been mail on the
subject in months passed.  If you have plans for
building one, I would appreciate your help.

Please look at photos 11, 12, 13, and 14.  They show
the front extensions of the front frame rails.  These
pieces were butchered with a torch.  I need to find
out just how badly they were modified.  Pictures of
what they should look like would be greatly
appreciated.   And any leads on repair pieces would
also be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this far.

Gene
Sioux City, Iowa