RE: speed and handling

To: "'Chris Hill'" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: speed and handling
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:34:44 -0500
Chris,
I am just now gathering parts to do a "350" C.I. Engine (349.64 C.I. at 30
over) from Lunati (a division of Holley now). The best price I have obtained
is from Guyon Racing at $3300 CAN delivered even though in the US I have
seen Lunati advertise the kit at $1995 USD. The kit is the most complete
coming with super street rods and forged pistons as well as an interlocking
Balancer and a special oil pump. The assembly is already balanced and comes
with rings and special bearings for the wide fillet radius that Lunati uses
to strengthen their cranks. I am not sure about the coast street fighter kit
whether it is a dedicated casting with oil holes drilled where ford decided
or whether they are offset ground ford cranks.
I also saw a write up on a Lunati 357 C.I kit with 63.5 cc Gt-40 Aluminum
heads and a .533" and .544" lift cam with 216 and 220 degrees of duration.
The engine made 371.9 HP at 5250 RPM and 426.4 LB-ft. at 4000 RPM.
I think this would be more than enough for a 2350 LB Tiger to completely
terrify the driver.
I can provide more info if requested, but I too would like to hear from
those who dunnit.
Perhaps the coast kit is a better option.

The 289 block also does not have deep enough cylinder castings to effect a
successful 347 but is OK for a 302 according to a local Ford guy.

Regards,
Tim Ronak