RE: Oil Filter/Headers

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Filter/Headers
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:12:19 -0700
Actually, I've run the Yoko 008RS on the track and on the street, and they
are absolute magic on warm or dry pavement. I've also run them in the early
spring and late fall when I was too lazy to change over to the winter
rubber, and then they become oh-my-God scary. Someone did an article years
ago on DOT race tires, and they commented that the rubber of those tires
undergoes some kind of molecular change at around the freezing point of
water, and then they just don't stick anymore. From personal experience, I
can tell you that's absolutely true.

If I had to run the Tiger in the snow, it'd get Nokian winter tires. You
gotta figure that the Finns should know how to do snow tires.

Theo