[no subject]

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:15:41 -0700
Hi all,
Has anyone had any cross-fire problems using the old-style (small)
distributor cap with an MSD type system? I'm just curious, I haven't
completed installing all the various bits and pieces for my MSD 6AL, and
figured I could kill two birds with one stone by substituting a
reluctor-type (magnetic sensor) distributor with vac advance for the Mallory
Unilite mechanical-only distributor that's in the car. Unfortunately the
Duraspark distributor uses the big cap, and I think things would look better
if I could substitute an earlier cap/rotor combination. So, first of all, do
the earlier small caps fit on the later distributor bodies? Second, will we
have a crossfire problem due to the terminals being too close together for
the voltage put out by the MSD amp/coil combination? For the moment, assume
that the plugs and wires are in good shape...

Regards,
Theo Smit