RE: Runoffs report

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Runoffs report
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:10:04 -0700
I watched the race on Speedvision. Looks like the race started under
semi-wet conditions and most of the competitors had chosen wet setups. The
#1 qualifier Toyota spun in the first lap and lost a lot of time getting
back onto the track, eventually finishing fifth. Barry had an off during the
second or third lap (barely covered on camera) which dropped him well back.
Partway during the race things dried out enough that the few cars that had a
dry setup started making major inroads on the leaders. Tom ran in second
until about lap 15 (out of 20). Barry finished quite a ways down,
Speedvision didn't give him very much airtime.

Congratulations to both Barry and Tom for getting their Tigers into the
Runoffs and making people sit up and take notice.

Theo Smit