inquiry 101300c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 101300c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:37:06 -0500
        Thanks, everyone, for the feedback on lifts. BTW, I sent the same
message to the Miata crowd & got _no_ useful feedback.

        John Logan wrote:
>9 1/2 feet should be enough for stacking low cars.
>10 feet is better for a car like a Mustang. The lift goes
>up in 6 inch increments. Perhaps you could somehow
>raise the rafters just for clearance at the windshield
>and roof.

        Oh, great. I've been telling Susan that adding a cathedral ceiling
anywhere in our old house is impractical, but now I'll be putting one in the
_garage_? We have a prettified garage, finished drywall, pictures on the
walls, etc., so raising the joists would be messy construction. BTW, how
would I move the garage door mechanism up? That's the limiting factor
anyway. I like the look of the rigid-panel doors that swing up and _out_
like an awning window, but I guess these are only for snow-free areas.

        Steve Laifman  wrote:
>On your electrics.  The best ones use hydraulic lifts
>with electric pumps.  Is that what you have in mind, or
>straight high power electric winches.  You may have to turn
>off your air conditioning and pool filtration pumps, sauna
>and spa heater when you operate the lift.

        I'll keep an eye out for that. BTW, do I _need_ "the best" for
once/twice per week operation?

>Leaving the Miata outside isn't all that bad, it's "pre-shrunk"
>from the factory.

        Parked side-by-side, they're very similar in dimensions, except
width. I find it interesting that the Tiger has more trunk space by far,
plus more behind-the-seats stowage. OTOH, the Miata's designers didn't
resort to "hit me please" fuel tanks.

DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:
>A added bonus is the lift will make it harder
>for mice to move in.

        Even Maryland arboreal mice? Perhaps I need those rings placed
around ship's ropes, to stick on the lift's posts.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
"Nose gone, grindstone still here"
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333