Starters (again)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Starters (again)
From: Bruce McGuire <CV_Bruce@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:48:38 -0700
Hi All,
I know this has been hashed and beaten before, but...
My most recent starter aquisition has an 11 tooth pinion, and two of my
old ones have 9 teeth apiece.
The C2OE flywheel from a 260 I have has 157 teeth, as does an E6ZR
flywheel from a 5.0 and the outside diameter is also the same.
The dimension from the crankshaft C/L to the starter C/L hasn't changed
from the 260 to the 5.0.
So why the different number of teeth ?

Somebody wrote an article about putting in a gear reduction starter a
while back, and it was first rate.
I lost the bookmark, however. Can some point me the way to this web site
?

Thanks Guys,
Bruce McGuire