Racing Tigers

To: tiger list tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing Tigers
From: Gene <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
I just read a copy of Shelby Racing History ... sorry
I don't have the book here to give credit to the
author.  I enjoyed the section on the Tiger.  I was
wondering if anyone had additional pictures or
information on early racing tigers.  I am expecially
intersted to know how Shelby, and later, how others
set up the Alpine and Tiger for racing.  I assumed
from the photos they were somewhat stripped down
(eliminating heater, convertible top and mechanism,
etc.  I see the Alpine and Tigers listed in the
article were set up with lake pipe style exhaust.
Interested to know of any suspension modifications
that were done to correct the handling problems of the
early racing Tigers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gene

=====