RE: Antifreeze question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "'John Slade'" <edalsj@igs.net>, Alpine List
Subject: RE: Antifreeze question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:07:31 -0800
Hi John,

Thanks for reminding me ;)

Since you're supposed to replace the coolant every couple of years anyway,
just drain it, refill with clear water, run the engine, then drain again and
refill with the coolant of your choice - go for at least a 50/50 mix so
you're good to -34C (or higher, if you're up where it gets cold).

You could also get some rad shop that you trust to do the same thing, and
then you don't have to deal with the used coolant.

Remember to open the heater valve fully so that the stuff in there gets
circulated / drained as well.

Theo (balmy -10C today - rode my bike to work)