Engine Issue Resolved

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Issue Resolved
From: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:37:06 -0400
Tigers,
Before I get to the good news, I have a question regarding antifreeze
trying to keep my foot cool/warm.
I've got a leak (new). It seems that antifreeze is dripping onto my
right foot as I drive the Tiger, after it's up to temperature.  Is this
a heater box problem?

If so, what's the fix?

Now for some good news.  After installing the 302 in my Mk1A, I kept
fouling plugs after about 20 minutes.  We tried five different Holley
carbs, all with the same result.  Out of desperation, I took one of the
Edlebrock Performer 500cfm off my Corvette.  Ran great, albeit not big
enough.

It seems that the cam was calling in the power valves on the Holleys,
regardless of size.  Anyway, I put a Carter Competition Series 625cfm on
it.  Purring like a Tiger should!

I'll soon be publishing a book on the trials and tribulations of the
302/T5 switch.

Thanks for all your help and assistance this past year.  This project
was a lot more involved than I originally thought.  B382002581 fought me
every step of the way.  Nothing went easy. But like my Daddy used to
say,  If it's worth having.........................
Dad was right as usual!

Thanks also to anyone who can help with my antifreeze issue.

Tym McDowell