RE: New Engine and other updates

To: "Larry Paulick" <larry.p@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: New Engine and other updates
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:46:54 -0800
Larry, Chris,

I'll post again the link to info on the T-5, T-56, and Toploader trannys. As
you can see from the chart, the T-5 was available with 300+ lb-ft torque
capacity as early as 1979. My pick of the group because of the gearing,
torque capacity, and other features (footnotes b, c, & d) would be the
1352-225. It's interesting to notice that the T-56 6-speed tranny has 440
lb-ft capacity. I guess the Toploader must be too high to measure??

http://www.blarg.net/~bossbill/t_5.html

Bob