RE: RX7 wiring diagram needed

To: "'Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com'" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: RE: RX7 wiring diagram needed
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:08:48 -0800
Jay,
1. Mazda rotary engines spin the same way as piston engines, AFAIK.
2. Alternators don't care what direction you spin them in EXCEPT that the
brushes are typically offset from the rotation axis, I guess in order to
give better brush wear. Electrically there is no difference.

I guess I didn't see the whole story but the charge current output from any
alternator, generator, or whatever, connects to the same point in the rest
of the car's electrical system. If your gauge is reading funny but
everything else looks correct then why not check the gauge? Put in any other
ammeter and see what happens. Measure the battery voltage and the voltage at
the fuse panel. If it's 12 volts with the engine off, and 14 or so with the
engine running, then the alternator is definitely doing the right things.

Theo