Re: Go Silicone!

To: "Robert Dobrowski" <rsdslp@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Go Silicone!
From: "Jan Sven-Erik Harde" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:53:05 -0800
Bob & all,

You are so right, and like anything else: WHAT DO YOU WANT IT FOR, if the
car is a garage queen, and is only driven minimally, then silicone is the
answer, also if you are ever worried about moisture, and paint damage.
NO NO NO, everyone knows that the silicone is NOT for an ABS system, and as
far as I remember the Tiger did not come with ABS ??
Moisture like others have said over and over is a #1 killer of the system,
and if you do not like bleeding your brake system once every year, like the
mechanics manual recommends, then Silicone is for you.
DOT 3 & 4 should be removed and the entire system cleaned atleast once a
year, WHO EVER DOES THAT ??? It get so contamenated and DIRTY and absorbs
water very much.
Either way it is a GOOD idea to insert the moisture barrier condoms in the
brake master as well as in the clutch master.

If the system is to be changed from the OLD style brake juice over to
silicone, PLEASE remember to FLUSH the entire system well, and get all the
crap out.
Best way is to use the silicone fluid as the flush, so buy 2 bottles, I buy
by the quart, I think it runs about $ 29.00 @ NAPA Autoparts.

After the seitch, you will NEVER again take the system apart and find that
gummy black stuff on all the seals, and no more sticky booster either, it is
a GREAT lubricant indeed.

ENUF said,,, Best of Luck, and if you do NOT like the Silicone,,,EASY then
just delete the message...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!