inquiry 122000g

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 122000g
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:15:29 -0600
        Al J. wrote:
>I hate derivative Japanese cars as much as the next guy,
>but it hasn't escaped me that the illustrious columnist
>Peter Egan of R & T fame loves his Miata & raves about
>it at every opportunity.

        And I think it was in the November issue (?) that he's already sold
it. (Al, maybe you hadn't seen that yet; when I get R&T, I drop everything,
even going to the bathroom, to read 'Side Glances')

        I plan to keep the Miata I just bought for, eh, 6-8 years, which is
my average for daily-drivers. I'll keep the GQ _forever_.

        The little Mazda is a fun little car, and it has _potential_. But
it's no Sunbeam.

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"

        I see in the latest Classic and Sportscar that next month's issue
will feature Shelby cars, including Tigers. Pictured in the "Teaser" is a
MkII in that pale green (Orchid?) that I don't particularly care for, ymmv.