Sort of Non-Tiger Help Needed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Sort of Non-Tiger Help Needed
From: Cushcom1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:13:28 EST
Listers: Don't want to clutter up the site this holiday weekend, but I REALLY
need help sorting out a clutch problem on a 1972 TR6. The system is much like
the Tiger, so maybe somebody has experienced a similar condition and has a
tip or two.

Here it is: Hydraulic master cylinder, line, clutch slave, clutch disc,
pressure plate, bearing, etc. all brand new (not rebuilds) and all correct
(at least according to Moss Motors). But I cannot get enough pedal travel to
disengage the  clutch. The pedal is on the floor, the system is fully bled
and yet there's a full inch of throw left in the clutch finger. By shimming
the slave back one inch I can get everything to work properly. But this just
ain't the right way to do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
from the Tigerman