Re: Tiger Intranet Invitation

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tiger Intranet Invitation
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:18:34 -0800
TIGEROOTES@aol.com wrote:

> Who is the Intranet Administrator to ask for a registration code?
> Thanks.
> Jim Leach  B9470908  Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle
>
> >From the site:   http://sunbeamtiger.intranets.com
>
> How do I get the Registration Code?
> If you are joining an Intranet that has already been set up, the Registration
> Code is in the email you received inviting you to join. If you've lost the
> email or your Registration Code, contact your Intranet administrator, who
> will need to send you another email inviting you to join again.

Jim,

The http://www.intranets.com/ is a private web site offering the "interest
groups" pre-formatted web pages for information and member information exchange,
at the cost of carrying advertising banners.  Much like Geocities.com.  Someone
has apparently "registered" "sunbeamtigers" as a sub directory name on the
intranet. com site.

A visit to the main site (above) will list many typical interest groups, all of
which require "registration", but some of which allow "guests" a limited access
to see what the pages are all about, like http://snow.intranets.com, to give you
an idea of what they are like.

I personally found that their "registration form" wanted way too much personal
information in order to "register", and expect to get "newsletters" in your
e-mail (which may be what you want), as well as messages from the Intranet.com's
advertisers, which is what you may NOT want.  I do not know for sure, but am
unwilling to find out.  After finding so many organizations sell your
information,. or have it stolen (credit cards and all), I am hesitant to supply
too much personal information.

Meanwhile, the Tiger and Alpine Lists are non-profit, and free, as is
http://www.TigersUnited.com and all the wonderful club sites and other Sunbeam
sites on the links page. No personal information required, unless you want yours
on the Online Car Show, on on the PTC Club Mission Statement page, or your own
editorial page.

Steve
TigersUnited.com

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/