Applying POR-15 help

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Applying POR-15 help
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 22:03:11 -0800
Well I have nearly finished heating,scraping and wire wheeling all the
undercoat, paint and rust from the underside, trunk floor and interior floor
(I really envy you "dippers"). It's not all done, but for the sake of sanity
chose the interior crossmember as a Mason - Dixon line. Do they give out a
patch for this? Sure it's a job primarily done lying down, but its
claustrophobic. I have breathed enough rust to make my own "Iron Lung." I
have lit myself on fire with the propane torch (and didn't know it for a few
minutes). I have been porcupined by the dozen or so wire wheels that have
disintigrated on my angle grinder. I have dropped a spinning grinder on my
chest and watch it race for my face only to be halted as it wrapped my sweat
shirt and dug into my skin. I have come to know sections of the
undercarriage as "neighborhoods" (and some I don't want to go into). My kids
think "working on the Tiger" is my day job (I teach and have a few weeks
off) and I come home looking like a coal miner. My neighbors hope for
rolling blackouts so the forty some hours of noise from the angle grinder
will finally stop. I hate it, but I love it (if you know what I mean).
Anyway, I'm off the point. I know the meaning of POR (paint over rust) 15,
but I can't stand the thought of hiding rust (thats what the above is all
about). I plan on using their Metal Ready (since it is again, bare metal)
and then the POR-15. Any special hints other then to wrap my self in
plastic? I bought the stuff already so please don't tell me to buy something
else. I don't think I could handle that at this point. Thanks for letting me
babble. It's Tiger Therapy. Tom Witt B9470101