Re: POR-15 Help

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: POR-15 Help
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 02:30:31 -0800
One more tip.......... do not reuse brushes!!  POR recommends auto grade
lacquer thinner to clean up and to dab off the occasional black freckle.  I
had used a new brush for a small area at the end of a work day and doused it
in (fresh!) thinner.  Then painted the entire prepped interior (3-4 mos. of
my life!) the next day.  When I came back to 2nd coat. the entire thing had
gone to very tiny bubbles throughout the POR which my distributor later
explained were a reaction to the residual lacquer thinner on the brush
(which I had let dry overnight too!).  All had to come off....  no fun.  So
don't prep your surfaces with thinner either.

Chris Hill

(I did finally stop swearing)