Re: RX rotary question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RX rotary question
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@home.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:08:53 -0800
I really appreciate everyones kind words about our car. It is what it
is.... a really fun car to drive.  After rebuilding the engine two years
ago and bringing the total hp well above 220, it really scoots along.  Of
course the addition of Dan Walter's torque arm and  a panhard rod didn't
hurt either.

Frank -- you have a really good memory.  It is a series IV, Factory
Wedgewood Blue.

One last note, a modified car can have some redeeming qualities since we
did win the Popular Vote and Concours at Suni III in Big Sky.

At 06:31 AM 01/11/2001, TIGEROOTES@aol.com wrote:
>Peter,
>     Mazda RX-2 and RX-3 engines were a popular conversion in the Seattle
>region during the mid to late 70s.  I know of one remaining example and
>naturally it has no resale value do to the transplant.  In fact, the same
>rotary-Alpine attended Tigers United 4 in Medford, Oregon.
>Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club Seattle

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289)         65
Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)
67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang Cobra  # 4973        96 F-250 4wd

Check out the latest pictures of my Tiger Restoration:
http://www.members.home.com/bomber441

My Mustangs:
http://www.kaiserair.com/oldsite/mustangs.html