Pebble Beach Concours

To: alpines@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Pebble Beach Concours
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:23:03 -0800
In case anyone cares, the next Pebble Beach concours is August 19th.
Bentley appears to be the featured car, and the 100th anniversary of the
name "Mercedes" is to be celebrated.  I will most likely be in Pebble Beach
at the time.  Whether I cough up the $100 per person entry fee for the
concours itself is highly unlikely - though the Bentley focus does seem
very alluring.  But, there is also the races and the auction, not to
mention the car show at every corner.

Barry will you be there?  Will there be any Bentley events outside of the
show itself which might cost a bit less for the cheapskate voyeur?  Or,
perhaps for Bentley owners, $100 is pocket change.

Then again, folks pay $300 to walk on that same grass when there are no
cars on there at all, simply to chase after small white spheroids so they
can whack and bludgeon such spheroids into a hole in the ground - and the
more the spheroids won't cooperate and go into that hole, the more they get
whacked and bludgeoned.

Jay