inquiry 011601c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 011601c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:00:03 -0600
        Mark wrote:
>There was room for more holes on the passenger
>side, and yet there were no holes punched there.
>It seemed strange.  If they were for cooling wouldn't
>10 be better than five?  I wonder if that factory was
>on to something.  A possible option for Tigers?

        The Garage Queen had, when I bought it, some 1"x2.5" holes (approx)
at the top of the fenderwells, leading to the engine compartment. They
looked like "period mods" and I left them there; I cannot say whether they
help cooling or not, and I don't see a way to do a "tuft test" to see if the
air goes in or out. :^)

        Dave wrote:
>I believe Uncle Wally still has a few of the metal Tiger
>models that he had for sale at the last few SUNI's.  They
>too are not toys and require metal finishing like a real
>car.  They were not cheap.

        Y'all might recall that a year or two back I got a 1/43rd Tiger from
a UK outfit called K&R Replicas; there's a picture of a finished car on the
Tiger website (under "Images") even though what I bought was a kit. I
_still_ haven't built it. More detail than the ENCO car from Uncle Wally,
but that means more work if you buy a kit instead of an assembled car.

        James Barrett wrote:
>Terry McGean, technical editor
>of Hot Rod Mag. had a Painless Wiring fuse block
>with a 12 volt relay for main power.  He removed the
>old fuse block and spliced all the wires to the new
>wires attached to the Painless Wiring Fuse Block.

        Interesting. When I 1st heard about Painless Wiring right here on
the Tiger List, I checked out their site, and read there that PW will not
sell a fuse block separately, only as part of a wiring harness. I wonder if
that's changed...

        Larry Wright
        "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"