evolution wheels, busted rim on tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: evolution wheels, busted rim on tiger
From: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:15:52 -1000
today on the way to work i hit a huge pot hole covered in water. work was only
a mile down the road so i went on to work. once there i noticed the tire was
flat. i did not notice while driving it due to the rough road and the 50 series
tire rides hard anyway. well i took the rim and tire off the car to find the
rim was bent but the tire looked fine. i took out a hammer and in two wacks
the aluminum was perfect again. i decided to take it down and have it balanced.
at the tire shop we discovered the the air leak was from the seal that sealed
the three rim part together. has any ever heard of evolution wheels made in
england. i would like to get a new seal. i plan to use some glue but who knows
how long it will last. email me if you know a number or contact for them, if
they are in business.
here is a pic of my wheel.

 or if that link does not work it is on the second page of my pics at this link

thanks
chris in mississippi

66 Sunbeam Tiger, 289, Performer RPM intake & cam, Holley 600 DP, Mallory
ignition, aluminum radiator, 4 speed toploader, centerforce gold clutch,
headers & flowmasters

88GT ready to install: CHP 342, 58cc AFR 185's, Holley SysteMax II intake, Pro
magnum Rockers, ED cam, Pro-M 77, 38# Lucas injectors, Walbro 317 255lph pump,
Romac, A9L, 3.73's, Aluminum driveshaft, 70mm Accufab throttle body and FPR