Chrome Shop

Subject: Chrome Shop
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:28:48 -0800
Hello Sunbeamers:
There was some discussion a while back on the lists about
recommendations for chrome shops. The couple that were recommended to me
had a back log of 3 weeks or so. Since I needed the Tiger's bumpers
re-done fast, I tried a shop in Canoga Park, California (Los Angeles
area), based on my conversation with the shop's owner, who seemed to
know what she was talking about. Ususally, this thinking doesn't always
work out. However, the results are awesome and the bumpers look better
than new with a deep chrome finish. They do a "triple plating" process
and prepped the bumpers and bumperettes by removing all pitting and
doing some minor straightening (the top edge of the back bumper was
slightly wrinkled). They also took off the bumperettes and re-assembled
the bumpers when they were through. The only question they had was if
the tabs that hold the bumperette rubber on would survive being unfolded
and folded back on again. Luckily, they did. Anyway, I am totally happy
with the results and the fast service, which took a total of three days.
Cost for both bumpers, etc., was $420 total. Not cheap, but worth it.

Here's the shop:
Aztec Polishing
(ask for Sylvia Sillas, the owner)
6938 Deering Avenue