inquiry 012401b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012401b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:14:51 -0600
        I stayed out of the "Q ship" discussion, as I figured that we had a
couple of history buffs who could go into exhausting detail on the subject
(and wasn't I right). May I only add, as it wasn't mentioned in any of the
posts IIRC but is germane (not german) to Clifford's question, that "Q Ship"
or "Q car" does have relevance to Tiger and some other cars. I t refers to a
vehicle whose innocuous appearance belies the high performance hidden
within. You may also hear the word "sleeper" in the same context.

        " Hey, Joe, there's one of those little British cars at the light. I
betcha you could really mess with him, blow his doors off with this 327
Chevelle of yours."

        "Joe, dang it, he's pulling away!"

        "Joe, Joe, what the heck _was_ that, anyway?"

        Austin Marina with a 340 six-pack under the hood, stock wheels and
hubcaps = Q ship
        Honda Civic with double rear wing, 37 stickers but stock engine =
not a Q ship
        Sunbeam Tiger = maybe, maybe not, depending on how much it looks
like a stock Alpine

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"