Re: Guage Trivia

To: <lwall@grwelectric.com>
Subject: Re: Guage Trivia
From: "Dan & Lori Fitzgerald" <dpfitz@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:06:15 -0500
Lynn,

The gook from your chrome bezel was once a rubber gasket.  The best place to
call on replacements is Mo Ma Instruments at (505) 766-6661.  No one else
that I have found has the correct gaskets.  The ones from Rick at SS are for
the dash to instrument buffer not for inside the instruments.  I'm currently
sending my Speedo and Tach to Mo Ma for calibration and gasket replacement.

Dan
Dan,

Your information was very informative, thanks for sharing with us.  One
question that I have never seen addressed is, what do you use for the
sealant around the chrome bezel?  My faces are fine, my cases need some TLC
(which I now know I can paint), but during disassembly I ran into some tar
or rubber sealant.  I also believe I can reuse what appears to be a o-ring.
Is that true?  If not, where can I get some new ones?

Thanks in advance

Lynn