Door Panel Material

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Panel Material
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:31:54 -0500
Folks,
        I have replaced my interior door panels several times.
The pressed fiber boards warp after a year or so here in Florida.
I have used various types of pressed boards, some prepainted,
some I added plastic sheeting to.  Also used thin plywood several
times.  The plywood rots out and comes apart.
        I have consider plexiglas, lexen and aluminum sheet, but
these would not allow the vinal covering to be stapled.  Any one
found an available material that would last for a long time even
with rain leaking in?  Would like the material to be soft enough
so I could staple the vinal covering on.
        As I have a Tiger II the interior is the GT version and
there are iron sheet metal pieces around parts of the edge.  These
also rust out, but I can replace those with stasinless steel.  The
sheet metal pieces are pop riveted on.

        I noticed that some of the commerical trash cans outside
my work are Rubbermaid and appear to be made from a 1/4" thick
gray plastic that has many swirl marks from the molding process.
It appears to be soft enough to staple to.
This stuff looks promising, but I have never seen it in sheet form.
The trash cans are several years old now and they are still OK.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others