RE: Fan and Front License Plate Bracket

To: "PAUL R SHEAHAN" <sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fan and Front License Plate Bracket
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:59:48 -0800
Paul,

As you will find it difficult to locate the six-blade Canadian Fan, it has
been noted on this list several times that a number of folks have gotten
good results with fans from Volvo's.  Yup, that's right, Volvo's.

John Crawley has suggested the following:

"I run a 5 blade Volvo fan that works well. It has stainless flex blades
riveted to a steel hub and required no trimming & bolts on. It came on some
140 series Volvos. Other 140s had plastic fans, which are not usable. There
seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to which Volvo has which fan so you will
just have to look. The price is right though - the last one cost me $3.00 at
Pick-Your-Part."

Might give it a try.  Certainly a lot cheaper than the $100 I spent when I
finally found the Canadian Six blade that is in the beast now.  And if Jc
says it works, it probably does.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Allan